Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Marylin McSteamy

The Three Muses challenge this week is to steampunk a famous person . . . . now once again steampunk got the better of me! I was all over the place - I started with Beethoven the futuristic pirate clutching what can only be described as a supercharged gramophone and then I went all botanical on Joan Collins, capturing her in a cloche with mechanical butterflies around her - really it was a mess :-) Eventually I stumbled upon this black and white image of the lovely miss Marilyn Monroe and as soon as I put the goggles on her face it reminded me of the movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". So here is my poster for the imaginery Steampunk movie, Le Ballon - don't hold your breath,  it is never coming to a theatre near you!

15 comments:

AJ Blanton said...

What a LOVELY piece you created. :)
~AJ

Junibears said...

It's a great piece with the lovely Marilyn. xx

indybev said...

What fun art! That Marilyn manages to look beautiful in any setting, doesn't she? Thanks so much for participating in our challenge this week. This is a great addition!

Terri Daugherty said...

Her goggles look good but it's her steampunk necklace that got my attention! Love Marilyn Monroe vintage photos and you did an excellent job turning her into a steampunk chick!!

Svenja said...

Your card is so, soooo beautiful. I just watched "Some like it hot" on DVD last weekend. And hot she is.

Plush Possum Studio said...

It all fits!! I'm amazed at how beautifully well each element works with the rest. very nicely polished and lovingly rendered--that's obvious!
Beautiful!
Rose

Jester said...

It's a wonderful piece, Tania - doesn't she look good steampunked?!!

Martina said...

Excellent, brilliant idea, great steampunk piece!!!

Taluula said...

Oh, what a shame I would so love to see that movie as Marilyn looks so good in those goggles. Fantastic.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

OMG, I LOVE this!
You've got me thinking...this card would looks so cool in a little frame and hung on the wall. Hmmmm.

suzeeez said...

Beautiful

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Okay, now *that* is some fun creativity girl! And Marilyn looks good in anything...(c: Glad you came to visit so I could find your blog!

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

I agree with you! Her makeover does make it seem like she would have been perfect in this movie!! Great job!!

Betty

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the goggles. Very unexpected.

My Fashion Dolly said...

She was so GORGEOUS! What a lovely card. Thks for sharing. (◠‿◠)

Xoxo

http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com